Best Watches under 1000 to buy in 2017: There are hundreds of watch brands available to choose from. These come with different size, shape, features, and price ranges. However, for the majority of people a watch under $1000 is the best choice. What are the best watches under $1000?
Quality watches need not be expensive. And, you actually can buy a serious timepiece for under 1,000. Obviously, you may want the best value for your money. We’ve picked the 10 most popular watches in the price range. So, below is the detailed comparison list of the Best Watches under $1000 (with reviews) that offer the best value for your money:
Review: Top 10 Best Watches under $1000 to Buy in 2017
So what are the best watches under 1000? In this article, we will show the best timepieces from the top watch brands on earth priced under 1000 dollars.
However, the watch brands are not as important as there are a lot of relatively lesser known watch manufacturers that deliver some great wristwatches.
1) TAG Heuer Formula 1 Grande Date Men’s Watch
TAG Heuer Men’s Formula 1 Grande Date watch is perfect for those who either are professional diver or love adventure activities.
Go as far as 200 meters down in the ocean and it will work perfectly. Probably the best dive watch under $1000.
- Stylish black dial looks great
- Renowned Swiss quartz movement
- Scratch-resistant sapphire material
- Shock resistant
- Well-built with stainless steel case
- Water resistant up to 200 meters
- Comes with a screw down crown
- It’s a bit costly at around $795.00
TAG Heuer WAH1010.BA0854 Formula 1 Grande Date: A Diver’s Watch!
The versatile watch comes with superior shock resistance; it looks sophisticated, and comfortably fits on your wrist. Inspired by F1 automotive technology, the Formula 1 watch is high performance professional sports timepiece.
With such features TAG Heuer Formula 1 watch is the perfect blend of form and function though it seems a bit expensive at $795 price tag. The TAG Heuer Formula 1 is the best dive watch under 1000.
2) Hamilton Khaki Field Black Dial Men’s Watch
Hamilton Men’s Khaki Field watch is the perfect blend of rugged build, toughness of military and the elegance.
With the flawlessly finished case, scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, clearly visible dial, and water-resistance up to 330 feet, it’s the true military-style timepiece.
- Rugged yet elegant design
- Extremely reputed ETA 2824-2 movement
- Nicely proportioned numerals with cleaner look
- Rare blend of vintage look and modern style
- Clear visibility in dark
- Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
- Water-resistant to 330 feet
- A Bit cluttered dial—don’t understand why someone needs both 12 hour and 24 hour markers.
Hamilton Men’s H70555533 Khaki Field Black Dial: Versatile yet Classic!
Versatility, classic look, durable material, highly reputed ETA 2824-2 movement, and superior performance are the hallmarks of the Hamilton watches.
By keeping the vintage look intact while putting the tons of style and technical features to their watches, Hamilton have done a brilliant job.
So if you are looking for a bit of style, machismo, versatility in a watch, Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic is a solid choice. Definitely, one of the best automatic watches under 1000.
3) Victorinox Swiss Army 241355 Dive Master Watch
Best Watches under 1000: Victorinox Swiss Army. As the name suggests, Victorinox Swiss Army 241355 Dive Master is water resistant to 500 meters making it the ultimate timepiece for serious divers and adventure lovers.
The powerful workhorse is the perfect mix of strength and functionality you expect from Victorinox.
- Sleek, bold and beautiful
- Mechanical self-winding ETA 2892-A2 automatic movement
- Durable stainless-steel case
- Water resistant to 500 meters
- Scratch resistant
- Triple coated anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Great visibility even in total darkness
- Wish for a more convenient rubber strap. The tough rubber watch strap is hard to put on.
Victorinox Swiss Army Dive Master 500: Ultimate Watch for Serious Divers!
Excellent watch for divers and other water sports enthusiasts! The Victorinox Swiss Army Men’s 241355 Dive Master 500 Black Ice Mechanical watch is sleek, bold and beautiful.
The triple coated anti-reflective sapphire crystal with the scratch resistant stainless-steel case gives this watch a cool and elegant finishing.
It has a mechanical self-winding ETA 2892-A2 automatic movement, luminescent hands, and unidirectional rotating bezel with 20-minute indicator.
The watch does not require a battery to function. It is powered by the famous Mechanical self-winding ETA 2892-A2 Automatic movement.
The Dive Master 500 Black Mechanical is one of the most admired timepieces on earth for its exceptional water resistant feature.
It is water resistant to 500 meters making it the ultimate timepiece for serious divers and adventure lovers. Victorinox Swiss Army 241355 Dive watch is one of the best automatic watches under 1000 dollars.
4) Invicta 1894 Subaqua Nomo III Men’s Watch
The Invicta Men’s 1894 Subaqua watch is the rare mix of craftsmanship, capability and design.
One of the best looking watches out there, it comes with the unique blend of style & toughness and form & function.
With water-resistant up to 500 meters, it’s the perfect for professional divers.
- Beautiful and stylish design
- Tough and heavy built give rugged look
- Attractive silver dial with silver hands give more sophisticated look
- Brushed stainless steel case and bracelet ensure durability
- Water-resistant to 500 meters
- There are no such cons about the Invicta Subaqua chronograph though I wish it had a black dial that I can wear with anything and everything.
Invicta Men’s 1894 Subaqua Watch: Unique Blend of Form and Function!
The Invicta Men’s Subaqua watch is one of the best watch brands. It is versatile, elegant, tough, and rugged. The solid built and heavy weight gives a macho feel.
The timepiece comes packaged with the Swiss Quartz movement, flame-fusion crystal, silver dial with silver hands, stainless steel rotating bezel, and secured screw-down cap on crown.
The interchangeable multi-color polyurethane straps (in black, grey, blue, red, yellow) gives opportunity to flaunt different styles and on different occasions. The Invicta’s Subaqua is capable to manage up to 500 meters of water.
Also Read:What are the Bestselling Invicta Watches
So, at last you get a watch that you can wear everywhere–at the beach, at the pool, in the rain etc.–without having to worry about your watch. Definitely among the best watches for divers. However, at $1000, it is out of many people’s price range.
5) Citizen JY0050-55L Blue Angels Skyhawk Watch
The Citizen JY0050-55L Blue Angels Skyhawk A-T is a light-weight wristwatch.
This Eco-Drive watch comes with self-charging, light-powered Quartz movement and atomic timekeeping technology.
Full of features, this Citizen timepiece features atomic timekeeping technology with synchronized time adjustment available in 43 world cities.
- Unique design – watch that make a style statement
- Strong yet lightweight
- Atomic accuracy that never needs setting
- Great visibility even at night
- Never needs battery replacement–innovative self-charged timepieces
- ‘Blue Angels’ color scheme for more aesthetic look
- Fantastic timepiece at very reasonable price
- Tiny digital displays
- Inept calendar function
- Water resistance not adequate for scuba-diving
Citizen Eco-Drive Watch: A Watch that Never Needs a Battery!
The Citizen Blue Angels Skyhawk A-T Chronograph for men is an extremely light-weight timepiece with light-powered, self charging Eco-Drive Quartz movement, and very modest price.
Citizen Eco-Drive watches make a style statement. One of the most popular timepieces on earth, the chronograph is known for its uniquely designed and light-powered Eco-Drive Quartz movement.
What started with a simple concept, the Eco-Drive technology utilizes the power of light from any source—natural or artificial, and converts it into energy. Result? Your watch never needs to be charged.
Besides standard Eco-Drive watch features, the Blue Angels Skyhawk comes with perpetual calendar, 99-minute countdown timer, GMT display, low charge warning, two alarms, multi-band atomic timekeeping, and 1/100-second chronograph.
The Citizen Eco-Drive watch also comes with Titanium case and bracelet, rotating slide rule bezel, and push-button deployment clasp.
With such features it can be the best watch under 1000 dollars. It’s water-resistant up to 200 meters and is available at very modest starting price $545.34.
6) Casio Edifice EQWT720DC-1A Atomic Men’s Watch
Casio Black Label Edifice EQWT720DC-1A men’s watch is solar powered. The watch is atomic clock controlled. It employs Tough Movement technology for automatic time adjustment.
The powerful workhorse is the right mix of style and technology you expect from Casio.
- Tough watch – will last a life time
- Rugged yet stylish look
- Tough Movement that ensures accuracy
- Suitable to wear for every day
- Masculine look – large size and heavier
- Solar powered
- Multi-Band 6 Atomic Timekeeping
- 100M Water Resistant
- Complex functionality: It’s a very complex watch. You might need the manual to set and perform many of the functions. However, it’s a good thing that the manual is detailed and well-written.
Casio Edifice EQWT720DC-1A Black Label: The Tough Watch for a Lifetime!
The Casio Edifice Black Label watch for men has a sporty and rugged look. Designed with an accurate time keeping technology ‘Tough Movement’, it’s perhaps the only timepiece that combines atomic time calibration, solar power, and auto-adjustment of hand home positions.
The Edifice Men’s watch employs Tough Movement technology that ensures accuracy. It automatically checks and adjusts hand positioning at 55th minute after every hour.
Another impressive feature of the Casio Edifice EQWT720DC-1A is its self-charging solar power technology.
Casio Black Label Edifice EQWT720DC-1A watch comes powered by Tough Movement technology for self-adjusting Atomic Timekeeping.
This also comes with the 29 city world time, 1/100th second chronograph, and 12/24 hour dial. Along with these, a solid stainless steel adds strength to the watch.
Combined all the features, the Casio Edifice EQWT720DC-1A Black Label stainless steel watch for men is one of the most stylish and versatile top 10 best watches under 1000.
7) Bulova 98B127 Marine Star Men’s Watch
Best Watches under 1000: Bulova Marine Star. The Bulova 98B127 Marine Star mixes classic design with sporty look. Designed for everyday use, the men’s watch is suitable for all occasions.
It’s water resistant up to 330 feet and employs precise Quartz movement. In short, this watch is worth buying based on its appeal and performance.
- Unique and attractive shape
- Classic and rugged yet trendy design
- Adjustable bracelet
- High water resistance
- Perfect for active lifestyle
- Very reasonable price compared to the features offered
- Inconvenient date setting –but you need to change the date once a month or so.
- Relatively large size—for an average sized guy, the Bulova 98B127 Marine Star may be too big.
Bulova Men’s Marine Star Black Dial: Performance Meets Versatility!
The Marine Star collection by Bulova blends classic design with renowned precision.
A stainless steel case houses an elegant black dial with silver hands and Roman numerals, and a matching black rubber strap finishes off the look.
However, you may need to replace the rubber straps during workout or similar activity as the watch strap is not sweat resistant.
The Marine Star Bulova watches and chronographs combine the sporty and casual designs with the high performance and versatility.
The Bulova Men’s 98B127 is stunningly beautiful and trendy. Precisely designed for daily use, you can wear this watch on every occasion—formal or dating occasions.
It comes with the convenient rubber strap that can be easily adjusted depending on your wrist size. A scratch-resistant mineral crystal protects the precise Quartz movement.
With high water resistance to 100 meters, this high-performance timepiece will stand up to your active lifestyle. And, so we added this to our list of best watches under 1000. As far as the price is concerned, the Bulova Marine Star watch is worth buying based on its appeal and performance.
8) Timex T56371 Ironman Triathlon 42 Lap Watch
The Timex T56371 Ironman comes watch with amazing illumination. The dual-tech timepiece uses less battery power.
The ‘Stranger than Fiction’ movie watch has 24-hour chronograph with lap/split option, interval timers, 42-lap memory recall, alarms, and 2 time zones.
- Sleek design: Looking for a style watch? You will definitely love this watch
- Classy yet elegant look—one of the best dress watches
- Sturdy and durable
- Round stainless steel watch case with a metallic silver bezel
- Impressive battery life with the Indiglo night-light technology
- A multifunctional watch–cool choice for active lifestyle
- One year warranty against manufacturer’s defect
- Best value for your money
- Slightly heavier size, some people might find a bit uncomfortable
- They could have added a 5-minute snooze backup alarm
Timex Men’s T56371 Ironman Triathlon Watch: Sleek and Stylish!
Timex Men’s T56371 Ironman Triathlon is a great watch with sleek and classy design. The multifunctional watch is tough and durable.
It comes with the dual-tech feature–sport digital as well as an analog read-out. You can just turn the digital screen off and use an analog watch display.
Timex Ironman Triathlon is water resistant up to 100 meter. Chronograph has with 42 lap memory recall, 2 alarm settings and 2-time mode
The timepiece comes with power saver Indiglo night-light technology, and 3 interval timers are other features of the watch. Timex offers a one year warranty against manufacturer’s defect.
9) Tissot T Touch Expert Watch (T0134204420200)
Best Watches under 1000: Tissot Touch Expert. Strength meets high-tech performance – the Tissot T Touch Expert watch blends high-tech functionality with convenience.
Perfect for adventurers, it features 15 functions including altimeter, compass, thermometer, barometer etc.
Yes, this watch offers a lot more than just tell the time.
- Tough and elegant look
- Macho style
- Best for outdoor use–camping, hiking etc
- Solid-build — all-metal and titanium design
- Great visibility with LCD backlight display
- Extremely accurate
- Thermometer function is not reliable at times
Tissot Men’s T Touch Expert: An Outdoor Watch You Can Trust!
Tissot T Touch Expert Watch is necessarily an adventure-lovers’ watch. Features precisely made for outdoor purpose; this timepiece is perfect for people who love to go for camping, hiking etc.
Tissot Men’s T0134204420200 T Touch Expert watch is solid build timepiece. Both the bracelet and the case are both made of Titanium that makes it tough and durable.
The macho-style watch comes with LCD backlight, digital display, azimuth, chronograph, scratch-resistant sapphire crystal glass, barometer, perpetual calendar, battery-charge-indicator, and Swizz quartz movement.
With all features packed in a sleek and elegant watch, Tissot Men’s T Touch Expert watch lives up to its price tag. And that’s why we picked it for the best watch under 1000 dollars.
10) Movado Amorosa Diamond-Accented Watch
Elegant and simple. Movado Amorosa 604982 is a minimalist watch with feminine look. Powered by Swiss quartz movement, this distinctive bangle watch is an eye catcher.
The rich appeal and sleek design makes it a perfect gift item as well. A great investment jewelry!
- Sleek, chic and sizable– incredibly well presented and styled watch
- Sparkling diamonds on the distinctive bangle accent pieces
- The curved bracelet and body for enhanced comfort
- Museum® dial
- Multi-setting removable jewelry clasp
- Perfect gift item
- Great investment timepiece
- For some people, a bangle watch at this price tag might be a bit expensive. But you get what you pay for.
Movado 604982 Amorosa Bangle Watch: Not an Ordinary Ladies Watch!
The MovadoAmorosa offers a rare blend of simplicity and luxury. It’s is stunningly simple and truly beautiful.
With aesthetic design, round black dial, silver-tone Dauphine hands, and legendary Movado Museum dial, the watch is an ideal example of Swiss craftsmanship and technological innovation.
With its feminine styling, the versatile timepiece is comfortable, elegant, and accurate with the Swiss-quartz movement.
Whether you want to accessorize in a very noticeable way or looking for a perfect gift for your female partner, this Movado women’s watch is for you. The Women’s 604982 Amorosa watch carries a full 2-year warranty.
Final Words on Best Watches under 1000
Nowadays people don’t buy a watch just to check time. They have several options for that purpose—cell phones, tablets etc. However, people still buy watches—for a different purpose!
They consider watches a fashion accessory and wear them more as a fashion statement. And, for that they willingly spend thousands of dollars.
As mentioned before there are hundreds of watch brands and thousands of watch models available to choose from. Wristwatches vary in sizes, shapes, functions, and features.
Timepieces also vary in price range. There are watches which are available for as low as $20 and as high as over six-figure price tags.
However, the fact is, watches with five-digit price tags may be out of budget for the most of the people. Moreover, how realistic is purchasing an ultra-expensive watch?
Honestly speaking, for an ordinary person like me and you, getting a watch that costs over 10,000 dollars is not realistic and practical.
Realistically, for most of us a watch that range anywhere between $500 and $1000 is the best choice. The watches reviewed here are among the most popular watches under 1000 to buy in 2017. So make sure you get the best deal!